Saturday, January 12, 2008

PALINDROME?





Palindrome is a word,phrase,sentence,or verse that reads the same backward or forward. "Madam,I'm Adam" (Adam's first words to Eve)

I think I will resume a little history of the Morris saga:
In 1971 we bought a new 4 bedroom brick house at 222 Highland terrace in League city where I had just been promoted to Dickinson Division Manager in charge of 14 towns and approx. 27000 telephone customers(what a headache with all the complaints). A little humor: My predecessor recieved a call in the middle of the night from a local doctor who was known as a complainer. He told the doc to take 2 aspirins and call him in the morning.

During our time there we were involed with First baptist church,little league football,little league baseball,etc. I was President of League city Little League and treasurer of the Panther football teams. I was also in the dickinson chamber of commerce (President in 1975),Rotary club of Clear Lake. also played a lot of golf at the dickinson country club where the company (GTE) paid my membership.
From 1971-early 1972 we were busy converting to Metro calling. I also had to visit all the city councils and try to raise rates. Most of the time I was like a jack rabbitt in a hail storm-just hunker down and take it.

well I must go now to open house at Under the Oaks wedding chapel where I did 33 weddings last year.
J.Morris

No comments: